Online dating, good or bad idea?

Online dating has pretty much established itself as the new mainstream way of meeting potential partners. But even though it seems like a much easier and faster way to meet than real-life search, it’s not without its challenges.

Many people find it frustrating, time-consuming, and just overall – not that efficient.

Let’s what could be the problem.

LET’S HEAR FROM YOU

What is your experience with online dating?

What is hardest about it? What is good about it?

1. Ronald DiMicco says:

Hi Petra,
    Your Blog on online dating. This information is very true I just realized, and thinking about your advice, I already know that it will improve my online dating experience. Whatever I feel in real dating will carry over in online dating. It has happened to me just as you explained. And because we have more choices, and know that the other wants a relationship just like us, it is a more intense pain.
    Thank you, you never disappoint me.
    Ron DiMicco

2. Klaudia says:

I have very negative experiences with online dating. Absolutely no success there. The worst part of it all is ghosting. I will never try online dating again and would not recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately, I have no routes available to me to find a relationship.

• Ron says:

Hi Klaudia,
      You have to take the good but throw away the bad real fast. Bring it into the real world immediately! ! Then it is just a way to reach out, period!.

3. Sandra says:

Hi guys IV been talking this guy online that I meet about 2 months ago , we are thousand miles apart, we know everything about each other and he did say he likes me alot , but I can’t keep doing it so I told him that we should stop talking but instead he said he would love to keep talking to me for the same reason of meeting up soon. What should I do?

If you can meet regularly, makes sense. Otherwise… probably won’t last. It’s hard to build a proper relationship with such distance between you. And it’s hard to know someone’s real feelings if you don’t spend time together in real life. Take care

4. Sandra says:

Thanks Petra, should I just tell him the ultimatum or gradually stop talking to him?
    But I like him alot ,this is so hard

Just do it the way you would like him to do it to you. It will hurt, but what would hurt less, be more fair and honest? How would you like someone to break up with you?

5. mary says:

After a couple years of lurking on online dating, I am done. I tried connecting with the few guys I found attractive, but never got responses. Some cases I’ve heard they may have never gotten the message because I didn’t pay. I only paid for one service and it didn’t help. Match is ridiculous that you both have to pay. And I got tired of seeing the same faces over and over. And they look so much older than their age! Are they lying? It’s actually a relief just letting it go, I usually felt bad while scrolling through and feeling like there is no one really I find attractive/interesting! And how many times can you hear I like fine dining? Boring! Now I just feel like if it happens, it happens. Thanks for the vlog! It is like supermarket shelves haa

6. Sandra says:

But I just do not know how to do it?

Hi, it’s not that you don’t know, you are afraid of the consequences – both hurting him and yourself. If you’re not ready, don’t do it. Time will tell if your relationship is strong enough.

7. Sandra says:

I know exactly what you mean. I want to do it because it’s driving me crazy and he’s not doing anything to make it work besides chatting everyday . It gets so tiring and I want to know how can I put it in such way that he would understand what I want and go from there ,because I can’t seem to wait